Sorry to all of those Bush backers (are there any of you left out there?) but this country is long overdue for CHANGE. We just finished watching the debate tonight and I must admit that I was impressed by how both candidates presented themselves.
McCain proved to us that he is old and has a lot of experience but what happens when he keels over and leaves Palin in charge? I can't wait for next week's debate to hear about her plans for the country. The main image I have of her now is Tina Fey's portrayal of her.
For the future of our country and for our children, I just don't see how we could continue down this same path of self destruction that McCain is so eager to follow. We can't afford to sit around and watch our country implode as it appears to be heading towards. Come on McCain, you seemed to have lived through a lot of our nation's historical moments, can't you use your personal experience with the Great Depression to figure out how to get us out of this mess? I seriously wouldn't be so concerned about his age if he'd chosen a competent VP. At age 72 you really have to consider the fact that the average life span of an American male isn't much more than that.
I want to encourage all voters to reflect upon the last 8 years and truly ask yourself if you want more of the same. The economy is crap, we have an enourmous budget deficit, our international image is severely tarnished, we're still at war and millions can't afford health care nor to retire in this country. I shudder thinking about what the next 4 years will be like if this continues.
That's my 2 cents. Shhh, don't tell Beej I wrote about politics on our family blog.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment