
What a life changing event the Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day was! It felt so good to meet the physical challenge of walking 60 miles and to be surrounded by so many giving people who care about making a difference in the fight against breast cancer. It was an emotional journey; being around so many who have fought through cancer and the thousands who were honoring loved ones. In addition to the 3200+ people who walked with me, the cheering stations along the path were unbelievable. Walking through crowds of people who were so grateful to us for walking for a loved one or for themselves and calling us heroes and handing us goodies...it was almost too much to handle. Everytime we walked through a cheering station I burst into tears. I felt so honored to walk

and so blessed to have a healthy body to carry me. I hardly felt like a hero. The true heroes were the ones in the pink shirts at the end - those who have survived breast cancer and all of those who have lost the fight. I could feel my Grandma Doris' spirit carrying me every mile as I "hit the road" in her honor. This photo is of Peanut kissing the picture of Grandma Doris that I carried with me. Below is when Beej and the boys came to cheer us on during Day 2. It was such a treat to see familiar faces along the way. Of course, I cried when I saw my family too. Let's just say it was a weekend full of tears. Tears of joy, tears of sorrow and tears of hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment